Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When rocks talk

A few weeks ago I ventured into Chester Park for a small walk in the woods.  While jumping from rock to rock in the creek I noticed that one of the rocks had some writing on it.  The rock said "I pray God's will be done."  I smiled a bit and wondered to myself "what is God's will?"  Before I could think anymore on the topic I noticed a second rock that said "love each other."  What a beautiful reminder.  Thanks for the message rocks!

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.  Now remain in my love.  If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last.  Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  
 This is my command: Love each other. 
(John 15:9-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment